Today I was supposed to go to Donington to a Marshalling Training day, I didn’t get in from work until 1am. By the time 6am rolled around, there was no way I could drive an hour up to Donington.
I decided to do what I like to call ‘Sunday things’ and bake some brownies. They taste incredible, I’m getting all excited just thinking about them.
I took the recipe out of The Australian Women’s Weekly: The Complete Book of Cupcakes & Baking. Since I can’t find this book on the internet anywhere to link to, I’m going to put the recipe up.
Triple Choc Brownies
- 125g butter
- 200g dark eating chocolate – chopped
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 185g plain flour
- 150g white eating chocolate – chopped
- 100g milk eating chocolate – chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Grease a 19cm square cake tin and of course you can use grease proof paper if you want.
- Combine butter and dark chocolate in a sauce pan over low/medium heat and stir. Then leave it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and the eggs, followed by the flour. Then throw in the chopped white and milk chocolate. (I mixed this all in the saucepan to save on washing up.)
- Bake for about 35 minutes. I found I needed closer to 40-45 minutes.
In the morning, me and my mom took our puppy, Dylan, for a walk over the Chase. This of course was another opportunity to stalk squirrels and other wildlife.
I’ve posted a few more photos on my Flickr account.
Sadly there weren’t many beasties around to stalk, so I had to make do with leaves and what not.
If anyone has any really good tips on how to photograph wildlife, I’d really appreciate it.
I’m now going to try to resist eating all of these brownies before dinner. Easier said that done.