|Of course the furry beast wouldn’t stay still long enough for me to take a photo of him interrupting my makeup putting-on.|
My cat is a loveable creature but he doesn’t half make getting ready in the morning a challenge.
Sometimes it feels a little bit like trying to apply makeup while on Takeshi’s Castle.
- Put moisturiser on – no cat around.
- Open eye shadow palette and begin swirling brush – cat appears from no where.
- Begin applying eyeshadow – cat starts head butting your arm and you try to keep your cool.
- Decide liquid eye-liner is out of the question as your fur baby is still head butting you in the arm relentlessly.
- Get mascara out – cat begins walking backwards and forwards in front of you.
- Start applying mascara – have to move cats tail out of your face repeatedly so you can see and stop it getting on your mascara wand.
- Begin applying foundation – cat begins head butting again and you accidentally poke yourself in the eye with your brush.
- Decide to try and ignore kitty and stand your ground while applying foundation – cat tries to bite you.
- Shout at cat and it runs off in a sulk.
- Breathe a sigh of relief because you can finish your makeup in peace. So you think.
- Cat reappears with a vengeance and sits down in an awkward place so you have to reach around the cat to get bronzer and blusher out.
- Begin applying bronzer and cat starts sniffing and trying to lick your hand – no chance you’re letting it lick you, who knows which animal it ate last.
- Start applying blusher and cat sits right in front of you so you can’t see the mirror.
- Finish your makeup and cat decides to go outside.
- Swear under your breath.
Does any other cat owners go through a similar thing when getting ready?