Well, we’re here again; at long last, Game of Thrones is back on TV! And, yeah, it’s the start of a new month yet again.
BLOG – Life With A View
I discovered Jeannie’s blog after seeing one of her blog posts about things to do in Reykjavik, and since then I’ve been excitedly reading each update she shares about things to do and see in Iceland, and what it’s like for an American expat living hthere.
BLOG POSTS I LOVED
- Let’s go – Nomi wanders San Francisco | Ok, so this isn’t a blog post, but this video has got me so excited for my trip to San Francisco that I honestly couldn’t not include this. Also, major editing goals, I love the way Nomi did the maps.
- How bloggers can work with brands without losing their integrity (or sanity) – Forever Amber | I thought this was a really insightful read, because it turns out that there are quite a few readers who assume that if a blogger works with a brand, they’re selling out and talking about something they don’t really like for money. And, yeah, there are some bloggers that do that, but most don’t.
- How do you feel about your blog – The Lilac Linnet | I always enjoy reading about what a blogger’s blog means to them.
- 10 interesting facts you didn’t know about Icelandic culture – Life With A View | Did you know that Iceland banned strip clubs in 2010? Now you do.
- 15 ways travel ruins your life – Girl vs Globe | All of these things.
- On excess and having more than you need – A Rosie Outlook | I couldn’t agree with this blog post anymore. It’s so nice when you go aware somewhere and you’re living with the bare minimum things you could fit in your luggage. It’s about the people you’re with, not what you have.
April’s playlist was allll over the place. I’d got some Twin Atlantic, HalfNoise, Of Monsters and Men, the two new tracks of PVRIS’ deluxe edition of White Noise, and two throwback tunes from Avril Lavigne’s Under My Skin – just to name a few.
I binge-watched series two of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and THAT ENDING! I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT HOW IT ENDED!
Game of Thrones is back on TV, so that’s always good. And Tom and I have finally started watching Orange Is The New Black – I don’t know why it’s taken us this long, because it’s so good.
April wasn’t a great reading month at all, but I did enjoy doing a buddy read of The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead with Llinos from The Lilac Linnet.
I snuck in another trip to Nando’s, so for the second month in a row I’m going to rave about their veggie wrap. It’s bliss.
MOST POPULAR POSTS ON EATREADGLAM.COM
- My favourite cruelty free beauty brands
- Free printable polka dot timetable
- LUSH, Dark Angels cleanser review
- Off the beaten path in Iron Bridge
- Anna and the French Kiss Tour de Paris
What did you enjoy in April? Feel free to leave links.