I’m a week late, sorry! Last week I was so wrapped up in writing a huge chunk of my dissertation that the week flew by and I completely forgot to finish this post off.
University work was the overwhelming theme for February really; I’ve finished my practical work off now so it’s just a case of the write up now. Is it really sad to admit that I have looked forward to writing my dissertation for so long? The great thing about doing NaNoWriMo for the past few years is that 10,000 words is absolutely nothing at all in comparison to writing 50,000 in a month.
It wasn’t all university work though, I managed to find a fairly good work/life balance for most of the month, which was nice. I took a trip to the Natural History Museum with university, and it took me all of 10 seconds to remember why I hate busy cities. February also saw Pancake Day and Daz made some delicious and excellent pancakes, and I discovered I am not a very good tosser; at least that’s what my Nan told me anyway.
Pokemon Go also released Gen 2 pokemon in February, so Daz and I have been getting out a bit more trying to hunt down some Gen 2 that isn’t Swinub (our town is just Swinub and Drowzees…), and I’ve been trying to catch some things he doesn’t have (which is hard, because he plays it all the time) to try and make myself feel marginally better about the fact he is way ahead of me.
BLOG: Brittany Thiessen
I discovered Britanny’s blog just before Christmas and every time I see one of her posts, I know I’m in for a good read that’s going to leave me full of wanderlust. As a Canadian, she’s got a lot of posts about Canada (which I love!), she’s currently documenting her trip to Guatemala (and now I want to go), and she also talks about veganism, and traveling and living sustainably. One of my favourite blog posts she’s written recently is about what she’s learned after eating vegan for a month.
If you want to read a travel and sustainability blog, you really can’t go wrong with Brittany’s blog.
As always, I like to share a handful of blog posts I’ve read during the month that I really enjoyed.
- 9 easy ways to support your favourite bloggers – Dorkface |
- Dealing with blogging bullshit – Land of Marvels | A little pep talk if you’re feeling like any negativity that’s come your way as a result of blogging is getting you down, or making you want to stop.
- Growing your travel blog through branding – Heart My Backpack | This isn’t solely aimed at travel bloggers, and there are definitely a few good tops about branding to be picked up on here.
- Spring-like florals – New Darlings | I recently discovered New Darlings and have become a little bit obsessed with how perfect Christina’s hair always is. #HairGoals.
- 10 people you’ll meet while traveling – Airplanes & Avocados | This gave me a good tickle.
I created a new playlist in February, so it’s been a mixture of Green Day, All Time Low, Paramore, old school Avril Lavigne, PVRIS, Fall Out Boy, oh and Lorde’s new single. I’ve obviously heard music from her first album but it didn’t ever hook me, but I am loving Green Light; I suspect it’s because of the quite clear T-Swift 1989 vibes.
WATCHING / PLAYING
In February we started watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix, and watched a lot of Pokemon. We’ve also got a serious problem with the LEGO games and I’m hooked on LEGO Jurassic Park at the moment.
POPULAR POSTS ON GIRL IN AWE IN FEBRUARY
- 10 pieces of Reykjavik’s street art you need to see & where to find it
- Anna and the French Kiss Tour de Paris
- I saw the northern lights and I’m going to spam you with photos of it
- Discovering Reykjavik on a free walking tour with CityWalks
- Ok, I’m a very bad vegan so what?
How was February for you? What have you been up to lately?