Let’s get the cliched, “well, that was a long month” out the way; we’ve made it to February and all need a pat on the back.
I’ve not done a Share The Love post since last April! I discovered so many new blogs in January that I’m just itching to share with you, so I decided it was time to bring STL back!
BLOG: The Scarlet State
I began following so many blogs last month that it was so hard for me to choose my favourite of the lot, but the Scarlet State really stuck out to me and I’ve found myself looking forward to new posts from Sarah. Posts I tend to love the most are ones that make you thing and get you feeling all fired up about something, and she definitely did that with:
I don’t care how fangirling I’m going to sound right now, but I just love the way her personality and passion comes across; whether she’s talking about current affairs, tattoos, or about vegan life.
BLOG POSTS I LOVED
I did just tell you that I discovered a lot of blogs in January, but there are also posts from some of my all time favourite bloggers in here too.
- Rise Up – Bright Field Notes | I think that with the current state of things, Sorcha’s message is exactly what we all need.
- Be kind, make art, read good books, take no shit – Oh Hey Jess | Wise words to live by.
- Happy Birthday, Canada! Why I plan to visit this year & you should too – Land Lopers | You know I love to fangirl about Canada.
- What’s in my makeup bag – Curiously Conscious | If, like me, you’re thinking about switching to more natural cosmetics, this post is a pretty good starting point.
- Getting back to the blogging basics – Robowecop | Let’s forget the “bigness” of blogging, that we all too easily get caught up in.
- Hiking Johnston Canyon in Banff National Park – Brittany Thiessen | Oops, look, another Canada post. Daz and I didn’t have chance to see Johnston Canyon last time, but it’s high on our lists this time around.
- How to declutter your makeup bag – The Anna Edit | If you’re feeling in a spring-cleany kinda mood this month, this is fuel for your fire!
- Cleverest anti-Trump protest signs – The Wrap | We shall overcomb!
I went to see A Day To Remember, so they featured pretty heavily in my January playlist; and All I Want will always be one of my favourite songs. I am impatiently waiting for LIGHTS’ song Warrior to appear on Apple Music. I need to be able to replay this repeatedly.
I’ve not had a huge amount of time for watching much, but what time I have had, I’ve used to educate Daz on Game of Thrones. We are currently plowing our way through season four.
HA! What’s time for reading. This month, my reading has mainly consisted of lecture notes and journal articles.
POPULAR POSTS ON GIRLINAWE THIS MONTH
- 10 pieces of Reykjavik’s street art you need to see & where to find it
- The least fun I ever had kayaking
- I hiked up a mountain for a brownie on the Lake Agnes tea trail
- My favourite cruelty free brands
- Product wars: LUSH Veganese vs LUSH American Cream
Let me know what you enjoyed in January, and send blog links my way!