- The Benefit Cosmetics fat-shaming tweet – Relokate – I was so disappointed and angry when I saw Benefit’s stupid tweet at the beginning of July, and Kate summed my feelings up entirely.
- 10 simple ways to improve your life this week – Oddly Lovely – Is there a blog post Cat writes that I don’t love? Nope.
- Release your expectation of perfection – The Lilac Linnet – Some wise words from Llinos.
- Knits – Georgina’s Hat – Hey Bash – Hey Bash is a recent blogging discovery
Music: I’ve been listening to a lot of different bands and artists recently, so it’s hard to pinpoint one that’s been really popular with me. I’ve listened to a lot of Walk The Moon though, and I’ve had Bring Me The Horizon’s two new songs (Happy Song and Throne) on repeat a lot, though.
Books: Two books really stood out for me in July; Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and Magnolia by Maria Dahvana Headley. They were both brilliant reads that had me hooked from the first page.
Magonia is one of the best books I’ve read in a while. I’ve read a lot of good books recently, but it’s been a while since I read one like Magonia, where I just want to read and do nothing else; where I really feel for the characters.
TV: After trialling Amazon Prime, we’ve switched to Netflix, so most of July was spent binge-watching It’s Only Sunny In Philadelphia. I can’t believe we’d never heard of it before now. No idea why it’s never been on TV before; it’s like all the shenanigans from How I Met Your Mother, but worse, with absolutely no morals.
I’ve also started watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt. It’s brilliant, I also really like her style. Need to get me some pink jeans again.
Food: Tom made me an amazing lemon tofu, which I cannot stop thinking about. Before I was vegetarian, lemon chicken was my favourite meal and Tom made an amazing one. He switched out the chicken for tofu, and changed the chicken stock cubes to veg stock cubes, and my new favourite meal was born. It was so delicious.
I also had some of the most delicious cake ever in Stockholm, but I’ll tell you more about those in another post. In short: Stockholm is the King of cake.
Most popular blog posts on Eat Read Glam in July:
- Sometimes you realise you don’t want something as much as you did, and that’s ok
- Simplicity 1960s mod dress
- Going vegan – the story so far
- Kenmore & castle ruins – my trip to Scotland comes to an end
- Summer reading challenge 2015
What made you happy in July?